North Star NoXS Scale Manager
Environmental choices for water treatment
Features and Benefits Include:
- SMS anti-scale media – Reduces hard water scale from forming in plumbing and appliances.
- Up-flow design – Increases contact time with media for improved scale reduction and higher flow rates.
- By-pass valve – Allows for easy maintenance and servicing
- Coconet-shell carbon* – Filters the water throughout the home without compromising water flow. Removes chlorine taste and odor and eliminates the need for separate carbon filter changes.
- Multi-wrap fiberglass reinforced tank – Durable; doesn’t deteriorate, rust, or corrode.
- Self-cleaning distributors – Distributors exhibit excellent flow rates and are cleaned automatically by counter-current water pressure.
- No electricity – Simplifies installation, maintenance and reduces electrical hazards.
- No salt or added chemicals needed – Uses environmentally friendly “green” technology for areas with water or brine-discharge restrictions.
- Zero waste water – No backwashing required and zero discharge.
- Sediment filter – 50 micron sediment filter included with both systems.
- Standard plumbing connection – 1″ NPT Male connection for easy installation. Larger 1-1/4″ and 1-1/2″ plumbing adapters available.
*Available on NSCU10 only
|Nominal Mineral Tank Size||10″ dia. x 47″ tall (1)||10″ dia. x 47″ tall (2)|
|Service Flow Rate||10 gpm||10 gpm|
|Intermittent Flow Rate @ 15 psi Pressure Drop**||20 gpm||20 gpm|
|SMS Anti-Scale Media*||24 lbs.||24 lbs.|
|Coconut Shell Carbon||–||14 lbs.|
|HDPE||3 lbs.||6 lbs. (3 lbs./tank)|
|Supply Water Pressure Limits (min./max.)||20 – 125 psi||20 – 125 psi|
|Water Temperature Limits (min./max.)||40 – 120 oF||40 – 120 oF|
*SMS Media can be added to a system two times before system should be replaced or re-bedded.
**Intermittent flow rate does not represent the maximum service flow rate. Continuous operation at flow rates greater than the service flow rate may affect performance.
|pH||6.0 to 9.0||6.0 to 9.0|
|Hardness (maximum)||25 grains||25 grains|
|Chlorine||<3 ppm||<3 ppm|
|Iron (maximum)||0.3 mg/L||0.3 mg/L|
|Copper||none allowed||none allowed|
|Oil & H2S||none allowed||none allowed|
|Polyphosphate||none allowed||none allowed|
|Silica (maximum)||10 ppm||10 ppm|